[EDDS] Germany, Stuttgart International Airport – X-Plane
VAT / Sales Tax calculated at checkout
EDDS Airport is located in the southwest of Germany and is the main airport of the German state of Baden-Württemberg. It is an important base for low-cost carrier and charter airlines. It’s the 6th busiest airport in Germany.
The airport has four terminals, from west to east: T1, T2, T3 and T4. Terminal 4 will be rebuilt in the coming years. It is located on a 400 hectares land, of which about 190 hectares are green space.
Flight operations area:
– One take-off and landing runway: length: 3,345 metres, width: 45 metres
– Two parallel taxiways
– Apron: 70 hectares
– 46 parking positions
– 7 parking positions cargo center
STR Airport was named after the former mayor of Stuttgart Manfred Rommel who passed away in 2013.
- SAM animated jetways (SAM Suite base package required – free)
- SAM Marshallers & Visual Docking guides
- 3D Grass
- High Resolution PBR Textures with transparent glass walkways
- Custom night lighting on the airport terminal
- Custom ground textures covering the entire ground
- Custom ground lines and decals throughout the airport
- Requires X-Plane 11.53 or newer version
- Free SAM plugin is required for the animated gates
This scenery is delivered as a ZIP file. Please unzip the file directly into your X-Plane Custom Scenery folder.
For the jetways to function correctly, you will need to download and install SAM Suite for X-Plane 11 – Scenery Animation Manager.
The jetways and marshallers were created with SAM2. There is a recently released SAM3 that is also compatible with this scenery (October 2021). This scenery will work with both SAM2 or SAM3.
Once SAM is installed, please download the SAM Base Plugin from within that program. That is all that’s required to animate the jetways and enable visual docking guides/marshallers.
If you are unfamiliar with SAM jetways:
In order to connect the jetways to the aircraft door, your engines must be powered down and the aircraft beacon & strobes turned off. The jetway will automatically connect to the aircraft.
If you have any questions, please submit a request at: firstname.lastname@example.org
Submit your review